Programs and Services
The Mathematics & Science Education Resource Center (MSERC) at the University of Delaware is dedicated to helping Delaware’s K-12 mathematics and science teachers implement new content and performance standards in their classrooms.
MSERC, in collaboration with the Delaware Math Coalition and the Delaware Department of Education, designs and implements large scale programs of professional development for Delaware’s math and science teachers. Our professional development programs have engaged elementary, middle school, and high school teachers in rethinking content, curriculum, and best practices. Currently we are working closely on an ongoing basis with more than 500 STEM teachers and administrators throughout the state.
- The Converging Curriculum project: promoting math learning for high needs students in grades 5-9.
- Elementary Mathematics Teacher Leaders: to deepen content knowledge of K-5 mathematics by “unpacking” the new Common Core State Standards.
- The “New Normal” in High School Mathematics: implementing problem-based high school math curricula.
- Math and Science Specialist Team : MaSST a statewide professional learning community that offers professional development for the professional developers.
- MSERC Middle School Mathematics Course of Study (COS): a graduate level Course of Study for middle school math teachers.
Visit our calendar to see when our programs are being held.